Wallenstein`s houses (Valdštejnské domky)← Back to results
They were built in 1678 - 1681 and represent the only survivors of this classical type of citizen`s houses. Originally, they were used by craftsmen, mainly weavers, and one of them used to house the U Města Petrohradu inn. Annual Christmas fairs where decorations, gift objects and sweets were sold, were held there. In the course of history these valuable buildings decayed, but, much to credit of the students of the secondary polytechnic school, who carried out a demanding reconstruction, this rare reminder of the history of Liberec was saved.
Location: Větrná ulice, Liberec 1