The Villa of Johann Liebieg, Jr← Back to results
The family villa resulted from a reconstruction of the neo-classical building of Ferdinand Römheld in the proximity of the Liberec Castle which was carried out between 1871 and 1872. Gustav Sachers was the author of the project and most likely of the realisation as well. The villa with the garden and extensions- the carriage house, gatehouse, stair ramp with a pergola and a fountain, garden gazebo, greenhouse and the ice house was obviously inspired by Northern Italian Renaissance. It is one of the most spectacular and most stylistically clean objects from the period of historicism in the city. Its size, architectural design, decorations and layout gave the building its sumptuous name: The Liebieg Palace.
|Month from / to||Day in the week from / to||Hours from / to||Symptom|
- Liberec - po stopách Liebiegů (CZ, EN, DE, PL) [Liberec-brozura Architektura-A6-OK.pdf | 4.47 MB | application/pdf]