Castle ruins of Hamrštejn
Hamrštejn (although it is a ruin of castle) is a popular tourist destination between Liberec and Chrastava. It is well accessible by train (Machnín Hrad stop) or by bike along the No. 20 Odra-Neisse. Go to a little sightseeing trip, along the trail there are educational boards.
LocationAddress:463 31 ChrastavaGPS:50°47'11.6''N; 14°58'14.5''E[Map]
ContactPhone:+420 485 143 161Web:http://www.npu.cz/cs/uop-liberec/prezentace-pamatek/liberec_hamrstejn
The precise date that the castle was founded is unknown. Hamrštejn is first mentioned in 1357 in a deed in which Bedřich of Bibrštejn pledges allegiance to King Charles IV. The castle was occupied by Hussite garrison from 1433. It then changed hands several times, although by 1558 Hamrštejn is listed as an abandoned castle. All that remains today is the perimeter wall, almost two metres high, the remnants of the two towers, and the walls of the residential building.
When visiting Hamrštejn, we recommend not to forget another local attraction, which is almost within sight of the ruins:
You can find it in the direction from Hamrštejn after crossing the railway tracks and moving to the river under the viaduct.
Transborder is a suspension bridge over the Nisa river for manual drive. Passengers move the cabin directly by pulling the rope. The chain hoist is designed in such a way that passengers do not have to exert great force. The transborder project comes from the architect Martin Rajniš.
Volně přístupné po celý rok.