Drop (Kapka)← Back to listing
Both creators remember architect Švancer’s significant influence on the concept, which was conceived gradually. They even contemplated a stone wave. Eventually, the drop won out. It was fabricated by ZVU Engineering Works in Hradec Králové, which produced stainless steel containers and equipment for breweries and sugar refineries. Oldřich Plíva also designed white tiles manufactured in Elektroporcelán Louny.
A medallist, sculptor and jeweller, Jan Lukáš, originally from Prague, studied at the Secondary Technical School of Engineering (Střední průmyslová škola strojnická) in Jablonec nad Nisou and from 1963 to 1969 at the Academy of Arts in Prague (VŠUP) under Jan Nušl. From 1990 to 2010 he worked at Jablonec Secondary School of Applied Arts (uměleckoprůmyslová škola) and, along with Jiří Dostál, they broadened its specialization with coin minting and medal engraving.
Glass artist, sculptor and teacher, Oldřich Plíva, a proud native of Mšeno nad Nisou and a pupil of Stanislav Libeňský, devoted his life to glass art. He attended the Secondary School of Glassmaking (Střední odborná škola sklářská) in Železný Brod, and from 1965 to 1971 he attended at the Academy of Arts (VŠUP) in Prague. His distinctive work is represented in many collections and galleries. He worked mainly in architecture in Jablonec nad Nisou.
Sculptor: Jan Lukáš – Oldřich Plíva
Dates of birth: Plíva 4 June 1946, Lukáš 5 August 1944
Material: stainless steel, Liberec granite
Size: Ø of the circle 600 cm, Size of the drop 70 × 170 cm
Location: To the right of the entrance to the aquatics complex in Tržní Square