Statues


Stone (Kámen)

← Back to listing
Created:9.1.2017 | Modified:11.1.2017

Address:DvorskáLiberec, 460 05GPS:50°45'55.8''N; 15°04'31.5''E[Map]
The horizontal sandstone sculpture was installed during the construction of the Centrum public facility built from 1968 to 1969 to Eduard Adamíra’s blueprints from 1966. Initially, this was a building with a passage incorporating a large grocery store and a restaurant. The first floor housed the Máj Cinema.

The sculptures were created by Kladno sculptor and smith, Miloš Koška. He took the same path as his contemporary companion, Jiří Seifert. He studied at the Jablonec Secondary School of Applied Arts (Střední uměleckoprůmyslová škola) and then at the Academy of Arts in Prague (VUŠP) under Bedřich Stefan. He lived in Maršovice near Jablonec nad Nisou and, later, in Kladno and in Vrchlabí. Another example of his art work also based on Adamira’s project, is a piece that has not been well preserved - a relief on a multifunctional building in Revoluční Street from 1968. 

Koška´s work is represented in a hotel on Jested as well – it is the main entrance door with bronze reliefs and walls of wrought sheet copper at the reception. He worked with Josef Patrný and Miroslav Ulmann on the artistic design of the Ruprechtice housing estate as well. Further, his work can be found in Jablonec nad Nisou on the roof of the General Directorate of the Preciosa Company in Opletalova Street, which was built in 1966 according to a project by Karel Pelant. It consists of illuminated glass chaton (imitation jewellery with a diamond cut) perched on a cluster of aluminium rods.

Sculptor: Miloš Koška
Date of birth and passing: 8 February 1932 – 1 January 1986
Year: 1968–1969
Material: sandstone
Size: 220 × 115 × 55 cm
Location: In front of Centrum building of public facilities in Dvorská Street