Ještěd - TV transmitter← Back to listing
Created:12.2.2008 | Modified:20.2.2023
Address:Horní Hanychov 153Liberec, 460 08GPS:50°43'57.7''N; 14°59'4.1''E[Map]
Phone:+420 485 104 291E-mail:email@example.comWeb:http://www.jested.czhttp://www.jestedliberec.cz
The unique structure on the top of Mount Ještěd is considered the dominating feature of Liberec and the region.
- 22. 7.celý denVýjezd veteránů na Ještěd(Other events)
The cable car to Ještěd is out of order until further notice.
The very first, five-metre-high wooden lookout tower was erected on the top of Mount Ještěd in 1876. It was replaced by another wooden structure in 1889 that was pulled down in 1902 due to the bad technical condition. Five years later, a mountain hotel was built on the top of Ještěd by the architect Ernst Schäfer. However, in 1963 the hotel was burnt out.
The present TV transmitter was built during the 1966 - 73 period according to a project designed by arch. Karel Hubáček. The structure was later awarded the prestigious Perret Prize of the International Union of Architects (UIA) - The Ještěd won the "Building of the 20th century" title.
The height of the transmitter equals 94 m.
The covered gallery on the ground floor is open to the public. Other spectacular views of the area are offered from the restaurant or the café on the first floor. The higher floors are used by the hotel.
Access from the city: tram No.3, directed to Horní Hanychov
Services and facilities:
- Průvodce_CZ [Ještěd leták CZ.pdf | 18.96 MB | application/pdf]
- Reiseleiter_DE [Jazyk_de_v1.pdf | 25.95 MB | application/pdf]
- Guide_EN [Jazyk_EN_v1.pdf | 18.63 MB | application/pdf]
- Przewodnik_PL [Jazyk_PL_v1.pdf | 25.94 MB | application/pdf]
- Parkování na Ještědu [parkovani_jested.pdf | 22.92 KB | application/pdf]