F. X. Šalda Theatre, Liberec← Back to listing
- 23. 8.(19:00)Operní gala - Lípa Musica(Concert)
- 4. 9.(16:00)Mauglí(Performance)
- 6. 9.(19:00)Semafor(Performance)
- 8. 9.(19:00)Nikola Šuhaj(Performance)
- 10. 9.(19:00)Divotvorný hrnec(Performance)
- 11. 9.(16:00)Legenda z mlžných hor(Performance)
- 15. 9.(19:00)Hra, která se zvrtla(Performance)
- 18. 9.(16:00)Mauglí(Performance)
In September of 1881 the foundations were laid for a new theatre and the City Theatre was ceremonially opened in September 1883. The building was constructed in Neo-Reneissance style. It has an advantageous position in the city centre, fitting well among the surrounding constructions thanks to its proportions.
The front wall is emphasized with a rich stucco decoration, trimmed with a row of sculptures of allegoric meaning. All these sandstone sculptures were carved out by Reinhold Völke, a stonecutter from Vienna, according to the design provided by Bendel, a sculptor also from Vienna.
There are currently three theatre companies performing in the theatre - opera, ballet and dramatic companies.